Normally I’m a Linux guy and this is not a Windows blog. I figured I would share this fix since I found that most of the fixes out on the net were not helping.
When trying to update Windows to SP1 a persistent error 800B0100 was occurring. As I’ve found, bulldozing and starting over normally helps. This is the only method that would work for me.
System: Windows 7 x64 Professional
Step 1: Restart Windows in Safe Mode. Normally, mashing F8 during a restart should work.
Step 2: Move C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution.backup
Step 3: Force your Windows Update.
This should resolve your problem. If not, feel free to comment as well as continue searching.
I hope this Linux guy can help a few of your Windows guys. 😉